Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Maine residents who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WGME viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WGME, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WGME TV (the “Station”), S and J Limosine, Sarah Jeane’s Day Spa, and Spread Restaarant, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. To be eligible, you can not have won any contest on WGME in the past 30 days from the end date of this promotion.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per couple.
(b) To enter go to www.wgme.com, and complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birthdate, significant other’s name, 100 word essay describing _________, and upload a picture. Pictures must be uploaded in jpeg format and cannot exceed 200 mb in size. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the essay and picture (i) is their own, (ii) does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) may be used by Station in connection with the contest; and (iv) is subject to the Station’s terms and conditions located at http://www.wgme.com/station/legal/terms.shtml
(c) The contest starts on Wednesday January 30, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 5:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday February 5, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) All entries (including picturesand essays) received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including picturesand essays) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(a) Each entry will be judged by a panel of two judges based on 90% content, and 10% creativity. The four (4) entries with the highest scores will be declared finalists.
(b) Beginning Thursday February 7, 2013, the Station will post the four (4) finalist entries on www.wgme.com and invite viewers to view the pictures and essays and vote for their favorite Couple. Deadline to vote is 5:00 p.m. ET on February 13, 2013. Voting is limited to one vote per UPICKEM account holder per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. Finalists are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, or any other activity that artificially inflates such finalists’ votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(c) On February 14, 2013, one (1) grand prize winner will be determined by the Station based on the finalist with the most valid votes.
(d) In the event of a tie, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among the tied finalists. All decisions of the judges will be final.
1. The grand prize winner will receive a $100 Gift Card to Sarah Jeane’s Day Spa, a $100 Gift Card to Spread Restaurant, and roundtrip Limousine transportation from home (located within ____ mile radius of Portland) to Spread from S and J Limousine (value $75 an hour, maximum 4 hours) . The total prize value is $____.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Winner may be required to sign additional documentation as required by the sponsors or prize provider.
3. If the winner couple cannot be notified within two (2) days or does not timely sign and return the affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to the finalist couple receiving the next highest number of valid votes as determined by the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. WGME, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WGME, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WGME, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of online votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WGME 13, 81 Northport Drive, Portland, ME 04103 and on the Station’s website at www.wgme.com .
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WGME 13, 81 Northport Drive, Portland, ME 04103 by March 1, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WGME, Inc., The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, S and J Limousine, Sarah Jeane’s Day Spa, and Spread Restaurant accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.